The Practising Law Institute (“PLI”) is seeking Workshop Instructors to join our SEC Institute. Founded in 1983, The SEC Institute’s long-standing mission of providing the most up-to-date SEC compliance and accounting education through innovative Workshops and Seminars continues under PLI’s leadership.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic organization dedicated to training business professionals. It is also a great way to network with industry peers, generate supplemental income and travel periodically.
The SEC Institute, a leader in SEC compliance education for over 30 years, is seeking SEC Workshop Instructors to be part of an experienced team of SEC professionals who conduct 50+ workshops per year in various cities throughout the U.S. These are contract positions and we are seeking instructors who have expertise to conduct workshops on various SEC reporting and accounting topics relevant to SEC reporting professionals.
The Workshop Instructors will possess an in-depth expertise in one or more of the following workshop areas:
- SEC Reporting Skills
- Form 10-K In-Depth
- MD&A In-Depth
- SEC, FASB and PCAOB Update for SEC Reporting Professionals
- Implementing the New FASB Revenue Recognition Standard
- Debt versus Equity Accounting for Complex Financial Instruments
- Workshop Instructors must have the ability to travel to the designated workshop location and must be comfortable teaching in a classroom setting. Workshops are held at the PLI Conference Centers in New York and San Francisco, as well as in cities across the United States, including Chicago, Dallas, Atlanta, Houston, Orlando, Las Vegas and San Diego.
- Workshops are typically one to two days in duration, have approximately 20-40 attendees, and are conducted at various times throughout the calendar year. The Instructors must have the ability to spend time preparing to teach the course in advance of each session and the ability to participate in several sessions per year.
- Workshop Instructors must lead an interactive course designed to make the learning experience participant focused. Because of the highly technical and complex material in the workshops, Instructors are to use a variety of teaching and discussion techniques to actively engage participants in the learning process and help participants accomplish their learning objectives.
- Workshop Instructors are expected to research the companies of the registered participants in advance of each workshop to identify relevant topics and to provide targeted examples designed to encourage participant discussion and questions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Workshop Instructors must possess an in-depth, technical understanding of the content, as well as current knowledge of recent developments in SEC reporting and accounting issues most relevant to SEC reporting professionals.
- Candidates must have prior relevant work experience; such experience may come via public accounting or industry.
Teaching and Communication Skills
- Workshop Instructors must have the appropriate teaching and communication skills needed to translate technical and complex information to participants at all levels of experience, as well as the ability to discuss subjective and gray areas using practical examples.
- Instructors are to guide class discussion to ensure that all participants are fully engaged and are accomplishing their learning objectives.
- Candidates with prior teaching experience and demonstrated success documented by classroom evaluations or other similar feedback tools is a plus.
PLI offers market-competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans for employees and their families, PLI contributions to a retirement account, ample paid time off and holidays, summer Fridays, career development opportunities, and work-life balance initiatives. The PLI work environment is interesting, collegial, intelligent and encouraging.
Only those applicants who meet our requirements for this position will be contacted.
Practising Law Institute is an equal opportunity employer. More information about PLI may be found on our website www.pli.edu.
Please click on the link below to download or print job description.