Practising Law Institute (“PLI”) is seeking an on-call Event Coordinator for its talented San Francisco based team.
This on-call role supports all the conference needs on the day of a Practising Law Institute (“PLI”) program, including setting up the food and beverage needs in the conference lounge area, as well as the registration of participants on the day of a program. In addition, this role is a resource for any program participant questions. This position may also support conference center needs for outside entities who rent the PLI conference center space for private company events. This Event Coordinator will have the opportunity to work on an as-needed basis.
- Works with outside food caterer in the mornings and afternoons. Helps place and maintain food, beverages, and water pitchers for participant lounge, faculty green room, and speaker dais on the morning of a PLI program, and monitors these needs throughout the day. Works with caterer to set up faculty lunch, including preparing water and utensils. In the afternoon, dispose of leftover food, and collect dishes in preparation for pickup by caterer.
- Monitors and maintains cleanliness of lounge area throughout the day. May involve light lifting of equipment and chairs.
- Prepares registration desk and seminar registration material in advance of program start time, including but not limited to collating course books and inserts, making copies, file folders and speaker signs. Checks posted program notice for any special instructions.
- Maintain registration desk supplies.
- Checks-in seminar registrants and faculty. Distribute program materials, as appropriate.
- Process customer registration fees for walk-in registrants.
- Answers all participant questions, including those related to CLE credits, PLI products, books for sale in the bookstore, and the iPad sign-in process.
- Assists participants with travel-related needs.
- Monitors and forwards questions that come in related to webcast programs.
- Collect all necessary customer seminar closeout material at the conclusion of the seminar.
- Assist with onsite bookstore orders for live and offsite locations.
- Assist attendees with iPad sign-in or iPad related issues.
- Assist all conference center team members with other related duties as needed.
- Cleans and vacuums chairs, tables, floors, and iPads, as needed. Straightens chair and table placement in lounge area. Plug in and straighten iPads as necessary.
- Maintains kitchen supplies and inventory.
- Occasional administrative duties as assigned by the Center Manager
- Other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum three to five years customer service-oriented experience required
- Polished and professional demeanor
- Ability to capably use and learn PLI software systems related to program and conference center needs required
- Experience with all features of Microsoft Office
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Must demonstrate patience, along with a cheerful, welcoming disposition at all times
- Must be able to prepare light refreshments and maintain cleanliness of conference spaces
- Flexibility with regard to work schedule
For over 80 years PLI has been considered the “gold standard” as a leader in continuing legal and professional business training education. With over 260 employees located in our New York City and San Francisco offices, PLI presents over 400 live programs each year in state-of-the-art conference centers throughout the U.S. and abroad. Recent international seminar locations include London and Hong Kong.
In addition to hosting innovative live programs, PLI streams webcasts and offers on-demand programs for thousands of participants each day. PLI publishes a variety of treatises, answer books, course handbooks and has an award-winning online research platform, PLI Plus. PLI offers the nation’s leading preparation course for the Patent Office’s Registration Exam, and provides SEC compliance and accounting training through its SEC Institute. The organization also develops unique, engaging ways of learning through its Interactive Learning Center. Through its mission as a nonprofit organization, PLI is deeply committed to the pro bono community and public interest organizations.
PLI offers market-competitive and work-life balance initiatives. The PLI work environment is interesting, collegial, intelligent and encouraging.
Only those applicants who meet our requirements for this position will be contacted.
Practising Law Institute is an equal opportunity employer. More information about PLI may be found on our website www.pli.edu.