Practising Law Institute (“PLI”) is seeking an on-call Multimedia Production Specialist for its talented, San Francisco-based Multimedia Services team.
Practising Law Institute seeks Multimedia Production Specialist to be available on an on-call basis. The candidate must be technical in nature. This position is complex and requires judgment on the Specialist’s part due to the fast nature of the live events that occur here. Candidate must be proficient in and be prepared to handle any/all of the production roles as assigned/required.
- Technical Director: Cuts and directs the show for the room and web audience. Creates and tags lower thirds, syncs PowerPoint Events for Web Audience while closely working with a team of Multimedia Production Specialists to ensure that all audio visual components are implemented in such a way as to provide an exceptional product.
- Audio Technician: Mixes the show live and communicates with Floor Manager to provide the best sound for the in room audience and online audience. Set up and test Polycom Video Conferencing & Audio Conferencing as needed for remote participants
- Video Operator: Syncs the Records with our Webcast Encoders. Creates detailed logs of speakers and program topics
- Floor Manager- Responsible for readying electronic files for presentation and managing new and revised files as they come in. follows live slide presentations with version that is fed to the webcast. Manages the presentation of polling and responses. Is responsible for greeting faculty and program chairs and ensuring that the materials that have been provided to us are up to date and that they’re comfortable with the operation of the equipment required to successfully present to the audience. Also monitors house audio levels and communicates with the control room techs to tweak presentation elements as needed.
- Fluency in Windows and Mac OS
- Equipment Maintenance: SOP & Logs
- Is responsive to, and courteous toward, program attendees.
- Maintains professional relationships within the department and through the organization.
- Other duties, as assigned.
There are no supervisory responsibilities with this position.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Experience in event production, entertainment, web, broadcast or cable television. Associates Degree (or higher) in Video Production preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office. Candidate must be able to edit, upload, display, embed media and link URL’s within PowerPoint presentations.
- Must have “Live” event experience.
- Must be able to work responsibly on own, but also to interact professionally with a wide range of internal clients.
- Panasonic CCU and Production Switcher Experience a plus.
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Willingness to work overtime is required.
For over 80 years PLI has been considered the “gold standard” as a leader in continuing legal and professional business training education. PLI presents over 400 live programs each year in state-of-the-art conference centers throughout the U.S. and abroad. Recent international seminar locations include London and Hong Kong.
In addition to hosting innovative live programs, PLI streams webcasts and offers on-demand programs for thousands of participants each day. PLI publishes a variety of treatises, answer books, course handbooks and has an award-winning online research platform, PLI Plus. PLI offers the nation’s leading preparation course for the Patent Office’s Registration Exam, and provides SEC compliance and accounting training through its SEC Institute. The organization also develops unique, engaging ways of learning through its Interactive Learning Center. Through its mission as a nonprofit organization, PLI is deeply committed to the pro bono community and public interest organizations.
PLI offers market-competitive and work-life balance initiatives. The PLI work environment is interesting, collegial, intelligent and encouraging.
Only those applicants who meet our requirements for this position will be contacted.
Practising Law Institute is an equal opportunity employer. More information about PLI may be found on our website www.pli.edu.