Practising Law Institute (“PLI”), an innovative leader in legal education programs and services, is searching for an administrative professional to fill the role of Program Assistant. This position requires a Bachelor’s degree as well as 2 – 5 years of administrative support experience. PLI’s client base includes a large array of prestigious law firms, corporations and government agencies.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone someone who enjoys being responsible for logistics and administrative support for professional education programs. Minimal travel will be required.
The SEC Institute (SECI) division of Practising Law Institute (PLI) seeks a Program Assistant who will support the needs of the Director & Sr. Program Attorney ("PA"). The Program Assistant will assist with the preparation and presentation of continuing professional education (“CPE”) programs. This includes traveling to offsite locations throughout the country as needed, tracking progress of program planning and streamlining communication between faculty and internal staff.
- Collaborates with PA on an ongoing basis to ensure the continuing professional education programs are executed seamlessly.
- Maintains and updates portal database regularly, taking special care to ensure all program and faculty details are complete and correct; appropriately tracks and updates information, communicating all changes to other departments as needed.
- Effective, efficient communication with faculty and internal PLI staff includes but is not limited to:
- Preparing and sending standardized letters and correspondence
- Requesting and tracking the receipt of all required forms and materials – e.g. releases, bios, Course Handbook materials, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Tracking/updating contact and marketing listing information
- Assisting with speakers’ requests
- Acts as department liaison with faculty from a diverse range of practice backgrounds, including accounting firms, law firms, government agencies, etc.
- Responds to all communications (internal and external) in a timely manner, keeping PA up to date on the status of ongoing projects.
- Supports PA’s preparation and timely submission of Course Handbook materials. Obtains reprint permission from outside publishers who hold the copyright on materials to be published in PLI's Course Handbooks.
- Assists with pre-program preparation, including assembly of Chair Packets, program binders for the PA and Assistant, AV schedules, and press lists. Processes registration lists and other reports as requested by PA.
- Acts as the “face” of the program on the day of the live program. Greets faculty and attendees at the registration desk and informs them of necessary information.
- Travels to offsite program locations throughout the country, as needed, to handle program setup and registrations.
- Answers incoming telephone calls in a friendly and professional manner, responds to inquiries and provides assistance as necessary. Keeps PA informed of all telephone conversations and actions taken in response to inquiries.
- Reviews and edits marketing pieces, including brochures, flyers, letters, emails, annual report, and catalog copy.
- Inputs, on a timely basis, PA's revisions to annual and newly created Program Budgets.
- Performs administrative tasks, including maintaining files, faxing, duplicating, and processing check requests.
- Arranges conference calls, special meetings (including focus group luncheons, advisory committee meetings) and faculty dinners. Assists with program registration.
- Calculate CPE/CLE or other continuing professional education credits achieved by faculty for the program(s) they instruct.
- Maintains awareness of multiple programs at different stages of development.
- Other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-5 years administrative support experience.
- Ability to travel 4 – 5 times per year.
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of various software programs.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills are required.
- Candidate must have excellent writing and editorial skills with impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple departments within the organization.
- Must display excellent writing and editorial skills along with impeccable attention to detail.
- Experience working with high profile executives and/or attorneys preferred.
For over 80 years PLI has been considered the “gold standard” as a leader in continuing legal and professional business training education. PLI presents over 400 live programs each year in state-of-the-art conference centers throughout the U.S. and abroad. Recent international seminar locations include London and Hong Kong.
In addition to hosting innovative live programs, PLI streams webcasts and offers on-demand programs for thousands of participants each day. PLI publishes a variety of treatises, answer books, course handbooks and has an award-winning online research platform, PLI Plus. PLI offers the nation’s leading preparation course for the Patent Office’s Registration Exam, and provides SEC compliance and accounting training through its SEC Institute. The organization also develops unique, engaging ways of learning through its Interactive Learning Center. Through its mission as a nonprofit organization, PLI is deeply committed to the pro bono community and public interest organizations.
BENEFITS AT PLI
PLI offers market-competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans for employees and their families, PLI contributions to a retirement account, ample paid time off and holidays, summer Fridays, career development opportunities, and work-life balance initiatives. The PLI work environment is interesting, collegial, intelligent and supportive.
Only those applicants who meet our requirements for this position will be contacted.
Practising Law Institute is an equal opportunity employer. More information about PLI may be found on our website www.pli.edu.