Practising Law Institute (“PLI”), an innovative leader in legal education programs and services, is searching for a creative Marketing Manager to join our dynamic marketing team. This position requires a Bachelor’s degree as well as several years of multi-channel marketing experience. PLI’s client base includes a large array of prestigious law firms, corporations and government agencies.
This is a rewarding opportunity for someone who is an out-of-the-box thinker with a knack for problem solving and all things marketing.
- In conjunction with the Director of Marketing, formulate annual integrated marketing plans for assigned PLI programs and publications, outlining all campaigns to be executed along with budget guidelines for each.
- Partner with key stakeholders, including program attorneys and publishing staff, to understand program goals and ensure alignment with target segments.
- Create, implement and manage the marketing campaigns through email, direct mail, digital marketing, and other tactical elements as necessary.
- Utilize current and historical data and market research to help drive and refine marketing strategies.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on effectiveness of marketing initiatives to develop insights and make recommendations for future planning.
- Write and/or edit campaign emails to ensure high response rates.
- Proofread and provide input on the look and feel of the direct mail and email campaigns to ensure alignment with PLI branding.
- Coordinate marketing initiatives with membership and sales activities, as applicable.
- Adhere to deadlines to ensure that all campaigns are executed by scheduled date.
- Work with outside resources to enhance our marketing campaigns and promotional strategies.
- Other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- A Bachelor's Degree and 4-7 years’ experience with multi-channel marketing (direct mail, email, digital marketing) in a business-to-business environment.
- Knowledge of databases and list segmentation required as well as managing revenue and expense budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Good computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office suite. Knowledge or experience with marketing campaign systems a plus (Ex. Unica, Marketo, Salesforce).
- Must have strong analytical and creative thinking skills.
- Strong project management, time management and organizational skills with the ability to maintain and adhere to deadlines while juggling multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive and able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
For over 80 years PLI has been considered the “gold standard” as a leader in continuing legal and professional business training education. PLI presents over 400 live programs each year in state-of-the-art conference centers throughout the U.S. and abroad. Recent international seminar locations include London and Hong Kong.
In addition to hosting innovative live programs, PLI streams webcasts and offers on-demand programs for thousands of participants each day. PLI publishes a variety of treatises, answer books, course handbooks and has an award-winning online research platform, PLI Plus. Through its mission as a nonprofit organization, PLI is deeply committed to the pro bono community and public interest organizations.
BENEFITS AT PLI
PLI offers market-competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans for employees and their families, PLI contributions to a retirement account, ample paid time off and holidays, summer Fridays, career development opportunities, and work-life balance initiatives. The PLI work environment is interesting, collegial, intelligent and supportive.
Only those applicants who meet our requirements for this position will be contacted.
Practising Law Institute is an equal opportunity employer. More information about PLI may be found on our website www.pli.edu.