Practising Law Institute (“PLI”), an innovative leader in legal education programs and services, is searching for an accounting professional to fill the role of Junior Accountant. This position requires a Bachelor’s degree. PLI’s client base includes a large array of prestigious law firms, corporations and government agencies.
The primary objective of the A/R Junior Accountant is to help PLI ensure efficient, timely and accurate review and handling of transactions to customer accounts while maintaining excellent standards of customer service.
• Processes, validates, and researches daily lockbox deposits.
• Reviews and resolves A/R credit balances.
• Handles requests for adjustments to customer accounts in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Prepares weekly and monthly Accounts Receivable analyses and reports.
• Communicates with PLI customers and colleagues to ensure that customer payments and adjustments are correctly applied and processed.
• Corresponds with the bank when necessary to resolve discrepancies.
• Researches and resolves chargeback claims.
• Prepares bank reconciliations and journal entries.
• Collaborates with supervisor and department staff to meet departmental goals and deadlines.
• Works with Membership Services, Programs and Customer Service departments to ensure accurate customer account information.
• Responds to changing departmental priorities and assists other staff members as needed.
• Other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
• 1 – 2 years’ experience in a business environment.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be an enthusiastic team player and collaborator.
• Proficiency with MS Excel.
For over 80 years PLI has been considered the “gold standard” as a leader in continuing legal and professional business training education. PLI presents over 400 live programs each year in state-of-the-art conference centers throughout the U.S. and abroad. Recent international seminar locations include London and Hong Kong.
In addition to hosting innovative live programs, PLI streams webcasts and offers on-demand programs for thousands of participants each day. PLI publishes a variety of treatises, answer books, course handbooks and has an award-winning online research platform, PLI Plus. PLI offers the nation’s leading preparation course for the Patent Office’s Registration Exam, and provides SEC compliance and accounting training through its SEC Institute. The organization also develops unique, engaging ways of learning through its Interactive Learning Center. Through its mission as a nonprofit organization, PLI is deeply committed to the pro bono community and public interest organizations.
BENEFITS AT PLI
PLI offers market-competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans for employees and their families, PLI contributions to a retirement account, ample paid time off and holidays, summer Fridays, career development opportunities, and work-life balance initiatives. The PLI work environment is interesting, collegial, intelligent and supportive.
Only those applicants who meet our requirements for this position will be contacted.
Practising Law Institute is an equal opportunity employer. More information about PLI may be found on our website www.pli.edu.