Practising Law Institute (“PLI”), an innovative leader in legal education programs and services, is searching for a technology professional to fill the role of QA Analyst. This position requires a Bachelor’s degree as well as 3+ years’ of relevant experience. PLI’s client base includes a large array of prestigious law firms, corporations and government agencies.
This role is for an experienced and passionate QA Analyst accountable for performing both manual and automated testing and who drives quality from concept to implementation and has the capability to lead QA initiatives.
As part of the Product Management team within Information Technology, the QA Analyst will work collaboratively within the IT department and business units to ensure that software applications and systems work according to requirements and end user satisfaction. The QA Analyst will coordinate with team members under an Agile Scrum process to rapidly deliver functionality to users in small, manageable pieces in order to learn quickly through a “fail fast, learn fast” iterative process. We are in the process of transitioning to QA automation so this role needs to have the ability and willingness to take the lead in this transition.
- Plan and Organize Testing
- Estimate, prioritize, and plan testing activities and determine good test coverage in a fast paced agile environment.
- Identify test requirements from user stories, acceptance criteria and specifications. Develop clear, concise, detail oriented test plans, test cases, test scripts and test reports.
- Coordinate and execute
- Coordinate testing activities for multiple concurrent projects and enhancements.
- Execute and evaluate manual and automated test cases and report test results. Identify tests as candidates for inclusion in the automated functional regression suite.
- Utilize metrics to evaluate and provide information on system readiness, defect tracking, and other measurements as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain test artifacts like test data, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Identify any potential quality issues and escalate issues immediately to management. Report on all aspects of the testing process to management.
- Identify gaps and suggest improvements to the systems under test and the QA process.
- Scope of Testing
- Validate that user expectations are achieved during the testing process and deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Includes functional, regression, performance, usability, integration, acceptance, accessibility, etc.
- Web Services / API testing and data testing including database transactions and validating automated jobs.
- Testing web and mobile applications in multiple browsers and across operating systems.
- Perform end-to-end regression testing and ensure code is ready for deployment. Participate in Integration Testing, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Debugging and user support
- Isolate, replicate, and document all defects and verify defect fixes.
- Assessment of issue root cause analysis and the coordination of defect resolution among Developers, DBAs and other teams so that defects are resolved in a timely manner.
- Other projects, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Self-starter who learns quickly and takes immediate ownership of the overall QA testing success.
- Must be a detail-oriented, highly organized, hands-on, and a team player.
- Able to prioritize tasks and manage time across multiple projects to achieve on-time deadlines.
- Strong ability to communicate and collaborate with software engineers and other QA members.
- Bachelor’s level degree in Computer Science or other technical field.
- 3+ years’ experience as a Quality Assurance Analyst or related role.
- Solid understanding of the Agile/Scrum software development, QA and release processes.
- Proven experience in writing clear and comprehensive test plans, test cases, test scripts and reports.
- Experience creating and running tests throughout the development life cycle, unit, functional, regression. Experience with continuous integration and deployments.
- Ability to design automated monitoring test suites for continuous functional testing.
- Knowledge of Selenium or other automated testing frameworks.
- Familiarity with Atlassian Jira and Confluence as well as Zephyr.
- Strong experience with Web Services / API testing (Postman, SoapUI or similar)
- Experience in data validation and good grasp of SQL is required.
- Knowledge of web technologies such as Selenium, SOAP, XML, HTML, and CSS.
- Experience in validating integrated components between Salesforce systems and other ancillary applications will be a big plus.
For over 80 years PLI has been considered the “gold standard” as a leader in continuing legal and professional business training education. PLI presents over 400 live programs each year in state-of-the-art conference centers throughout the U.S. and abroad. Recent international seminar locations include London and Hong Kong.
In addition to hosting innovative live programs, PLI streams webcasts and offers on-demand programs for thousands of participants each day. PLI publishes a variety of treatises, answer books, course handbooks and has an award-winning online research platform, PLI Plus. PLI offers the nation’s leading preparation course for the Patent Office’s Registration Exam, and provides SEC compliance and accounting training through its SEC Institute. The organization also develops unique, engaging ways of learning through its Interactive Learning Center. Through its mission as a nonprofit organization, PLI is deeply committed to the pro bono community and public interest organizations.
BENEFITS AT PLI
PLI offers market-competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans for employees and their families, PLI contributions to a retirement account, ample paid time off and holidays, summer Fridays, career development opportunities, and work-life balance initiatives. The PLI work environment is interesting, collegial, intelligent and supportive.
Only those applicants who meet our requirements for this position will be contacted.
Practising Law Institute is an equal opportunity employer. More information about PLI may be found on our website www.pli.edu