Practising Law Institute (“PLI”), an innovative leader in legal education programs and services, is searching for a technology professional to fill the role of Lead Marketing & Data Analytics Engineer. This position requires a Bachelor’s degree as well as strong development experience. PLI’s client base includes a large array of prestigious law firms, corporations and government agencies.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is eager to combine their development and data analytic skills with business strategy.
- Work with product owners and business stakeholders to develop and maintain product roadmaps;
- Develop Agile roadmap, drive the roadmap execution, lead the Data Engineers to implement the roadmap and drive for focused sprint deliveries;
- Proactively define and develop the Data Analytic strategy and roadmap for a modern and performant reporting & analysis system, provide data intelligence to support business operations and opportunities;
- Architects and performs hands on development using the appropriate marketing and data analytic tools, platforms and programming languages;
- Work with other development teams and DevOps to maintain databases and keep the database platform up to date;
- Support marketing cloud administrators and marketing users as they develop day-to-day marketing campaigns. Provide data from other systems (e.g., SalesForce, NetSuite) as needed;
- Supports production data analytic needs, including but not limited to data cleaning, data processing, data analytic tickets and projects;
- Support marketing & reporting system life cycle, including production support, enhancement management, upgrade, modernization, and legacy system retirement;
- Support the financial reporting system, reports and reporting process;
- Other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3 - 5 years of relevant experience required.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate and communicate across the organization, with vendors and partners.
- Hands on SQL Server database programming experience is required along with strong technical skills in query performance turning, ETL processes.
- Web programming experience is a plus
- Ability to explain solutions to complex problems and demonstrate the ability to lead and impart knowledge effectively.
- Strong business and data analytical skills, able to analyze business problems and define solutions, able to perform deep dive data analysis to find data patterns to resolve business problems.
- Experience in Agile development, ability to define roadmap in small Agile sprints to deliver business value.
- Salesforce administration or development experience desirable.
- Experience in database design and data transformation.
- Experience in marketing automation (jubspot, mail chimp) preferred.
- Understanding of data privacy, data security and data integrity management a plus.
- Programming experience in various application and data integration products and platforms such as Kafka, MuleSoft a plus.
For over 80 years PLI has been considered the “gold standard” as a leader in continuing legal and professional business training education. PLI presents over 400 live programs each year in state-of-the-art conference centers throughout the U.S. and abroad. Recent international seminar locations include London and Hong Kong.
In addition to hosting innovative live programs, PLI streams webcasts and offers on-demand programs for thousands of participants each day. PLI publishes a variety of treatises, answer books, course handbooks and has an award-winning online research platform, PLI Plus. PLI offers the nation’s leading preparation course for the Patent Office’s Registration Exam, and provides SEC compliance and accounting training through its SEC Institute. The organization also develops unique, engaging ways of learning through its Interactive Learning Center. Through its mission as a nonprofit organization, PLI is deeply committed to the pro bono community and public interest organizations.
BENEFITS AT PLI
PLI offers market-competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans for employees and their families, PLI contributions to a retirement account, ample paid time off and holidays, summer Fridays, career development opportunities, and work-life balance initiatives. The PLI work environment is interesting, collegial, intelligent and supportive.
Only those applicants who meet our requirements for this position will be contacted.
Practising Law Institute is an equal opportunity employer. More information about PLI may be found on our website www.pli.edu.