Practising Law Institute (“PLI”), an innovative leader in legal education programs and services, is searching for an administrative professional to fill the role of Administrative Coordinator. This position requires a Bachelor’s degree, excellent communication skills and event/conference planning experience. PLI’s client base includes a large array of prestigious law firms, corporations and government agencies.
This is a fulfilling opportunity for someone who is highly organized, enjoys tracking project progress and achieving a successful end result.
The Administrative Coordinator will support the needs of the Director, Studio Briefings and Program Attorney in the preparation and presentation of continuing legal education (“CLE”) programs in various formats. The Administrative Coordinator must have excellent writing and editorial skills with impeccable attention to detail. Experience working with attorneys and/or high profile executives is strongly preferred.
- Collaborates with Director, Studio Briefings and Program Attorney on an ongoing basis to ensure the continuing legal education programs are executed seamlessly.
- Handles necessary logistical planning for Studio Briefings in NY such as reserving studio space, securing faculty access to building, arranging for refreshments and conference room space.
- Maintains and updates portal database regularly, taking special care to ensure all program and faculty details are complete and correct, and appropriately tracks and updates information, communicating all changes to other departments, as needed.
- Communicates effectively and efficiently with faculty (speakers) and internal PLI departments via phone and email. Communication includes but is not limited to:
- Preparing and sending standardized letters and correspondence
- Requesting and tracking the receipt of all required forms and materials – e.g. releases, bios, Course Handbook materials, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Tracking/updating contact and marketing listing information
- Assisting with speakers’ requests
- Responds to all communications (internal and external) in a timely manner, keeping Director, Studio Briefings and Program Attorney up to date on the status of ongoing projects.
- Works with Director, Studio Briefings and Program Attorney to prepare and submit Course Handbooks for publication, including but not limited to obtaining reprint permission from copyright holders.
- Assists with pre-program preparation, including assembly of Chair Packets, program binders for the PA and Assistant, AV schedules, and press lists.
- Processes registration lists and other reports as requested by Director, Studio Briefings and Program Attorney.
- Acts as the “face” of the program on the day of the live program or Studio Briefing. Greets faculty and attendees at the registration desk and informs them of necessary information.
- Answers incoming telephone calls in a friendly and professional manner, responds to inquiries and provides assistance as necessary. Keeps Director, Studio Briefings and Program Attorney informed of all telephone conversations and actions taken in response to inquiries.
- Reviews and edits marketing pieces, including brochures, flyers, letters, emails, annual report, and catalog copy.
- Inputs Director, Studio Briefings and Program Attorney’s revisions to annual and newly created Program Budgets (on a timely basis).
- Calculates speakers’ CLE (or other continuing professional education) credits.
- Performs administrative tasks, including maintaining files, faxing, duplicating, and processing check requests.
- Arranges conference calls, special meetings (including focus group luncheons, advisory committee meetings) and faculty dinners.
- Maintains awareness of multiple programs at different stages of development.
- Flexible to travel 1-2 times per year, if needed.
- Other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- A Bachelor’s degree and 2-5 years of administrative support experience.
- Superior knowledge and comfort with various software programs, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills are required, in addition to superior oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter, capable of multi-tasking and possess impeccable attention to detail.
- Prior experience working with attorneys and/or high profile executives is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience organizing events or coordinating projects preferred.
For over 80 years PLI has been considered the “gold standard” as a leader in continuing legal and professional business training education. PLI presents over 400 live programs each year in state-of-the-art conference centers throughout the U.S. and abroad. Recent international seminar locations include London and Hong Kong.
In addition to hosting innovative live programs, PLI streams webcasts and offers on-demand programs for thousands of participants each day. PLI publishes a variety of treatises, answer books, course handbooks and has an award-winning online research platform, PLI Plus. PLI offers the nation’s leading preparation course for the Patent Office’s Registration Exam, and provides SEC compliance and accounting training through its SEC Institute. The organization also develops unique, engaging ways of learning through its Interactive Learning Center. Through its mission as a nonprofit organization, PLI is deeply committed to the pro bono community and public interest organizations.
BENEFITS AT PLI
PLI offers market-competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans for employees and their families, PLI contributions to a retirement account, ample paid time off and holidays, summer Fridays, career development opportunities, and work-life balance initiatives. The PLI work environment is interesting, collegial, intelligent and supportive.
Only those applicants who meet our requirements for this position will be contacted.
Practising Law Institute is an equal opportunity employer. More information about PLI may be found on our website www.pli.edu.