Practising Law Institute (“PLI”), an innovative leader in legal education programs and services, is searching for a business and tech-savvy professional to fill the role of Director, Salesforce Administration and Operations. This position requires a Bachelor’s degree as well as previous experience overseeing the implementation and administration of an enterprise-wide Salesforce environment.
This role will operate with the goal of making Salesforce the backbone of PLI’s technical infrastructure, enabling employees to do their jobs in support of PLI’s non profit educational mission. The Director must have enthusiasm for an ongoing, multi-phase implementation and configuration process.
Under the direction of the VP, Membership Services and Accreditation and working closely with IT resources, the Director is responsible for understanding business processes and translating them into requirements that technical resources will build into the Salesforce application. The role will act as Salesforce Product Owner and will work closely with leadership across the organization along with Architects, Tech Leads, Business Analysts and Quality Assurance resources to carry out the ongoing implementation and integration of PLI’s Salesforce environment.
The Director will also perform project management and coordination of CRM technology projects related to the needs of the Sales group and other departments, as directed by senior management, which includes working with the Director, Product Management on the proposed Salesforce integration project.
- Work with leadership across the organization to design, implement and manage reporting, forecasting, and planning by establishing high levels of quality, accuracy and consistency in all support tools used by each division. Ensure all efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes employed throughout PLI.
- Partner with leadership to identify opportunities for process improvement. Facilitate successful implementation of new initiatives, tools, and technologies. Foster an environment with a focus on continuous process improvement.
- Implement enabling technologies in support of the Sales group, Marketing group and other divisions that will adopt Salesforce over time, including use of the Salesforce CRM. Monitor the department’s compliance with required standards for maintaining CRM (Salesforce) data.
- Ensure reporting and other internal intelligence is provided to the Sales group in a comprehensive and timely manner. Develop new reporting tools as needed. Coordinate with sales leadership and other stakeholders to lead efficient reporting.
- Design and implement processes using Salesforce and other internal tools for the Sales team to accurately complete their monthly/quarterly/annual commissions based upon each respective position’s compensation plan.
- Develop training materials and lead training meetings for Sales staff and other users of the Salesforce CRM.
- Lead team in providing level 1 and 2 Application Support for all PLI users.
- Performs work using change control processes as required.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Support Planning, Scrum and Project Management – Under the direction of the Director, Product Management, work on multiple technology projects related to the needs of the Sales group. Work with the Tech Lead and Business Lead to develop project plans, create tasks in Ticketing system (Jira), assign resources under the direction of the Tech Lead, work with staff to set due dates and ensure the tasks due will fit into the overall project schedule.
- Drive Execution – Actively follow through plan execution, adjust plan proactively caused by requirement changes, business feedback, resource allocation changes and other conflicts, assist staffs and provide adequate help. The goal is to deliver on time, within scope and within budget.
- Surface Conflict and Facilitate Resolution – Actively follow up with team members to discover roadblocks and conflicts (e.g. resources, requirements, delays, etc.), proactively bring up roadblocks and conflicts to team leadership, assemble proper team members and initialize resolution discussions, follow through resolution to completion and manage resolution tasks in Ticketing system (Jira).
- Communicate Status and Issues - Log all communication in Ticketing system (Jira) and be sure the stakeholders are informed and involved in any decision-making process within the proper timeframe. Develop and issue weekly project update in Ticketing system (Jira) and project summary report detailing next milestones, latest progress, roadblocks, any conflicts (including but not limited to resource, requirement, and release conflicts), resource availability, timeline with resource allocation projection and immediate next steps. This overall schedule will provide the high-level picture of upcoming milestone from all related projects, highlight roadblocks and conflicts, projects in risks of meeting timeline.
The Director will manage direct reports, currently a Salesforce Administrator and a Salesforce Systems Analyst.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Advanced Salesforce Certification (which must be maintained) required.
- A minimum of 5+ years successfully performing project management duties for technology-based projects. Experience managing software enhancement projects and multi-phase implementation configurations is preferred.
- Previous experience overseeing a Salesforce environment that is part of an integrated set of systems is required.
- Practical agile development project management experience is preferred.
- Is organized and capable of managing several projects simultaneously.
- Works well independently and with others.
- Possesses excellent communication skills; is collaborative and diplomatic.
- Has a strong working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel. Familiarity with MS Project, MS Visio, and ticketing system (Jira) (project management software).
For over 80 years PLI has been considered the “gold standard” as a leader in continuing legal and professional business training education. PLI presents over 400 live programs each year in state-of-the-art conference centers throughout the U.S. and abroad. Recent international seminar locations include London and Hong Kong.
In addition to hosting innovative live programs, PLI streams webcasts and offers on-demand programs for thousands of participants each day. PLI publishes a variety of treatises, answer books, course handbooks and has an award-winning online research platform, PLI Plus. PLI offers the nation’s leading preparation course for the Patent Office’s Registration Exam, and provides SEC compliance and accounting training through its SEC Institute. The organization also develops unique, engaging ways of learning through its Interactive Learning Center. Through its mission as a nonprofit organization, PLI is deeply committed to the pro bono community and public interest organizations.
BENEFITS AT PLI
PLI offers market-competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans for employees and their families, PLI contributions to a retirement account, ample paid time off and holidays, summer Fridays, career development opportunities, and work-life balance initiatives. The PLI work environment is interesting, collegial, intelligent and supportive.
Only those applicants who meet our requirements for this position will be contacted.
Practising Law Institute is an equal opportunity employer. More information about PLI may be found on our website www.pli.edu.