Join PLI and represent the legal community’s premier provider of continuing education and research services as an IT Project Manager in our New York office. Work in a collaborative environment that prides itself on a genuine commitment to a work-life balance (3+ weeks of vacation days!). Grow your career by demonstrating your ability to oversee the project management lifecycle, ensuring that projects are executed and delivered on time while supporting organizational goals.
For more than 80 years, PLI has served the legal community with innovative products and quality programming, building a sterling reputation spanning the country.
Your responsibilities as IT Project Manager (PM)
Support Planning, Scrum and Project Management
- Taking an Agile approach, effectively develop multiple project plans while fostering team ownership of deliverables and meeting deadlines.
- Create tasks in Jira, work with Business Leads and Tech Leads to develop project plans and assign resources; ensure the tasks due will fit into the overall project schedule.
- The goal of every project is to deliver on time, within scope and within budget. Strive to do so by chasing solutions to roadblocks, problem solving and proactively adjusting plans as needed in order to meet goals and deadlines.
Surface and Facilitate Conflict and Resolution
- Actively follow up with team members to discover roadblocks, initialize resolution discussions and follow resolution through completion. The PM will ensure that all resolution tasks are represented in Jira.
Communicate Status and Issues
- Ensure that stakeholders are informed and involved in any decision-making process.
- Use data to provide ongoing reporting and analysis that will inform and support business decisions.
- Develop and issue weekly project updates in Jira and provide updates to management in a timely fashion.
- Act as communication bridge between technical and non-technical staff involved in assigned projects.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience with a minimum of 3 years’ experience successfully performing project management duties for multiple technology-based projects simultaneously. Experience managing software enhancement projects is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of agile development; Certified Scrum Master a plus.
- A strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite; familiarity with Salesforce, Marketing Cloud and Pardot a plus.
- Experience using project management tools such as MS Project, MS Visio and Jira.
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Diplomatic, effective communication skills both written and oral with the ability to explain technical jargon to non-technical staff.
Your benefits at PLI
PLI offers a generous benefits package and is committed to creating an interesting, collegial, and supportive work environment:
- Medical, dental and vision plans for employees and their families
- Generous employer contribution to employee retirement savings account
- Ample paid time off and holidays, summer Fridays
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning web-based training along with other career development opportunities
- Work-life balance initiatives
Practising Law Institute (“PLI”) is a nonprofit learning organization dedicated to keeping attorneys and professionals at the forefront of knowledge and expertise, as well as preparing them to fulfill their pro bono responsibilities.
Chartered by the Regents of the University of the State of New York, PLI was founded in 1933 by Harold P. Seligson. The organization provides the highest quality, accredited, continuing legal and professional education programs in a variety of formats. PLI publishes a comprehensive library of Treatises, Course Handbooks, Answer Books and Journals also available through the PLI PLUS online platform. The essence of PLI’s mission is a commitment to the pro bono community by offering access to pro bono programs each year.