Join PLI and represent the legal community’s premier provider of continuing education and research services as a Marketing Technology Analyst in our New York office. Work in a collaborative environment that prides itself on a genuine commitment to a work-life balance (3+ weeks of vacation days!). Grow your career and help us analyze data, uncover insights and communicate findings to key stakeholders to support them in making business decisions.
For more than 80 years, PLI has served the legal community with innovative products and quality programming, building a sterling reputation spanning the country.
Your responsibilities as Marketing Technology Analyst
Data Extraction, Data Manipulation, Data Blending
- Independently extract, blend and transform data from different sources and systems including flat files, databases, open data, and web data.
- Efficiently aggregate the information and/or structure code in a replicable format required for ongoing reports or dashboards.
- Produce operational dashboards, reports, and charts that effectively communicate the findings in PowerBI, Excel, Salesforce, and other visualization tools.
Communication and Collaboration
- Take ownership of projects from end to end. This process involves independently partnering with subject matter experts within PLI to identify the analytical needs, and with IT to isolate the necessary tables and data. Furthermore, the role of the analyst is beyond ‘taking orders’, (s)he must exhibit a high level of intellectual curiosity to ask the appropriate questions that influence the results of the project.
Independently keep updated with current technologies
- Remain up to date with current technologies and analytics techniques. Additionally, (s)he is expected to be an early adaptor and a champion for new technologies being rolled out within the organization.
Qualified candidates will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. Education background with focus on marketing and/or data analysis is preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of relevant experience is required.
- Advanced knowledge in Excel formulas and pivot tables is necessary.
- Previous experience in a CRM environment and the ability to query databases in SQL is a must.
- Previous experience with Salesforce and building automation in Marketing Cloud and Pardot is a plus.
- Knowledge in coding language such as Python or R is a plus.
- The aptitude to unit test your own code.
- An understanding of how data flows between systems.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Strong critical thinking, analytical skills and attention to detail.
- A highly motivated, self-starter mentality; demonstrates integrity, initiative and desire to innovate.
Your benefits at PLI
PLI offers a generous benefits package and is committed to creating an interesting, collegial, and supportive work environment:
- Medical, dental and vision plans for employees and their families
- Generous employer contribution to employee retirement savings account
- Ample paid time off and holidays, summer Fridays
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning web-based training along with other career development opportunities
- Work-life balance initiatives
Practising Law Institute (“PLI”) is a nonprofit learning organization dedicated to keeping attorneys and professionals at the forefront of knowledge and expertise, as well as preparing them to fulfill their pro bono responsibilities.
Chartered by the Regents of the University of the State of New York, PLI was founded in 1933 by Harold P. Seligson. The organization provides the highest quality, accredited, continuing legal and professional education programs in a variety of formats. PLI publishes a comprehensive library of Treatises, Course Handbooks, Answer Books and Journals also available through the PLI PLUS online platform. The essence of PLI’s mission is a commitment to the pro bono community and with over 98,000 attendees at our pro bono programs this past year.