Join PLI and represent the legal community’s premier provider of continuing education and research services as a Marketing Manager, Website in our New York office. Work in a collaborative environment that prides itself on a genuine commitment to a work-life balance (3+ weeks of vacation days and hybrid remote/in-person schedules for most roles!). Grow your career and liaise between the Marketing and Web Operations teams to implement the organization’s web-based marketing strategies, promote the company’s brand, attract visitors, employment candidates and potential leads, and generate internet sales across all product lines. The role requires daily communications with internal departments and external champions and vendors who contribute to various website initiatives.
PLI serves lawyers and other professionals with innovative programs and publications. With a sterling reputation developed over 80+ years, PLI is a trusted resource for the legal community and known for its dedication to providing pro bono training and resources to ensure access to justice.
Your responsibilities as Marketing Manager, Website
- Plan, implement, monitor and revise web-based marketing strategies and campaigns via PLI’s website(s) to drive sales, usage and revenue; actively create and implement surveys for website visitors for feedback to inform current and future projects.
- Collaboratively build, preview and launch new website pages as needed to educate and inform customers, members, prospects and prospective employees about PLI products, services and organization.
- Gain full understanding of Google Analytics (GA) reporting to make data-driven recommendations in order to better optimize website and user experience and regularly share GA reporting to highlight trends, opportunities, challenges.
- Collaborate with IT Website Operations, design and content teams and other internal stakeholders to provide guidance on marketing-related aspects of PLI’s web presence and to monitor/improve Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Develop and expand PLI’s web presence through social media, email, web advertising, and other online sources and ensure new website projects are promoted upon completion to Members and customers.
- Drive organization-wide communication to help plan and prioritize website projects for each quarter and bring a willingness to collaborate and pivot on projects as needed.
- Maintain current knowledge of trends and developments in online marketing and keep current as new tools become available.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Qualified candidates will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, focus on Marketing, Communications or Technology preferred.
- 4-6 years’ related experience is required.
- Knowledge of content management systems is required.
- Understanding of marketing principles and strategies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Proven ability to plan and implement marketing campaigns and tests.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Basic HTML skills are required.
- Proficient web design abilities.
- Proficient Google Analytics skills or experience with similar tools.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite (or similar) software experience.
Your benefits at PLI
PLI offers a generous benefits package and is committed to creating an interesting, collegial, and supportive work environment:
- Medical, dental and vision plans for employees and their families
- Generous employer contribution to employee retirement savings account
- Ample paid time off and holidays, summer Fridays
- Flexible hybrid remote/in-person scheduling for most roles
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning web-based training along with other career development opportunities
- Work-life balance initiatives
Practising Law Institute (“PLI”) is a nonprofit learning organization dedicated to keeping attorneys and professionals at the forefront of knowledge and expertise, as well as preparing them to fulfill their pro bono responsibilities.
Chartered by the Regents of the University of the State of New York, PLI was founded in 1933 by Harold P. Seligson. The organization provides the highest quality, accredited, continuing legal and professional education programs in a variety of formats. PLI publishes a comprehensive library of Treatises, Course Handbooks, Answer Books and Journals also available through the PLI PLUS online platform. The essence of PLI’s mission is its commitment to the pro bono community.
Only those applicants who meet our requirements for this position will be contacted.
Practising Law Institute is an equal opportunity employer. More information about PLI may be found on our website www.pli.edu.